Join now - be part of our community!

New KD43XF7003 is it possible to add new apps

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Artann
Explorer

New KD43XF7003 is it possible to add new apps

• Hi I’m new to this,have just bought a KD 43XF7003 tv and was wondering if it’s possible to add new apps and if so how do I do it.thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Unfortunately I see that the English sales people are not better than the Italian ones... :confused:

Manolo

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi, in that model you can only install the Applications you find in the Vewd Store, it's not an Android TV so you can't do anything else. However, you can connect an external device via HDMI as an Amazon TV Fire Stick or possibly take advantage of the TV's Mirroring capabilities (duplication of the display of a compatible mobile device using Miracast technology).

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Artann
Explorer

Thank you for that response, a bit disappointed as I was led to believe it was an Android one when I purchased it.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Unfortunately I see that the English sales people are not better than the Italian ones... :confused:

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Artann
Explorer

They are not and it says in their product description that it’s android based, thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.SE.title
Marwan5685

Vewd Store will be removed . so all who count on it will be because of Sony dont care about their customer.
how they removed an app that make there smart TV , smart ? and they ask people to by another devices to make Sony smart TV smart again ?? 

hope that someone start a lawsuit against them ASAP.

[Edited for language]

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Artann wrote:
They are not and it says in their product description that it’s android based, thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone

Can you give a reference to this product description?

Here’s the official Sony description, and it clearly says Linux.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
MrDisapointed
Explorer

Read and sign the petition !!!

[Edited by moderator to remove link]

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@MrDisapointed 

Thats a very limited proposal.

Why not start one that asks Sony to return to its former greatness, when everybody aspired to it, even though they might only be able to afford a lesser make?

When they wrote their own software, instead of using other people’s, hardly fit for purpose and sometimes not fit for it at all?

When the unrivalled picture quality, something Sony still has, was supported by adequate hardware, with a good margin in reserve?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Rob_67

@MrDisapointed  wrote:

Read and sign the petition !!!

[Edited by moderator to remove link]

Dear @MrDisapointed,

I fully understand your point of view, but having read the terms of use of the SONY Community Site and the Code of Conduct, please allow me to rephrase your proposal so that it no longer constitutes an infringement of Article 12 of SONY's Terms and Conditions of Website use : according to these, you can not encourage all SONY users to click on your link because this is a form of spam that also sends unwanted solicitation to SONY users who are maybe very happy to see the features of their television disappear.

You must therefore specify the context in which you offer your selfless help to users of community who respectfully wish to put forward an opinion that they have already established in their soul and conscience, without you having influenced their judgment, or solicited any action on their part.

You need to specify that the anonymized link https://bit.ly/2PbbGTn can be used only by community users who wish, freely and with full knowledge, to issue an opinion already equivalent to yours, knowing that this link allows them to freely express their opinion without be censored in accordance with Article 13 of the SONY Terms and Conditions of Website.

I hope I have in this way helped the community with full respect for the freedoms of everyone.