Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

I forgot to add step 2 "2. Enable ADB debugging from Developer options to allow developer to access through ADB." which is inside Developer options.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/tvs/android-tv/get-started/

Can't check clicks to access ADB Debugging -> ON this moment.

Someone else might be able to help with movements and beeps from Home screen

[New]

Home

5 down (no more moves)

enter

2 down

enter

8 right(no more moves)

enter

1 down

enter

enter again

one up

enter (this set ADB Debugging from OFF to ON)

Can someone with your language or English language confirm?

ivi.hamiti
Explorer

same issue here on KDL-43W807c did anyone achieve to fix this

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@MiCal1967 wrote:

Home

5 down (no more moves)

enter

enter (this set ADB Debugging from OFF to ON)

we cannot do anything, have to wait for Sony to give us a fix
the menu beeps we hear are probably not from the usual tv menu but the Android 6 setup screen

ivi.hamiti
Explorer

Yep, we are now back to the ice age, staring to a black rectangle :smileyd_oh:

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

uh!!! i tried hard reset with this link (https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42994/c/65,66/) and now i don't have the sound of channels but only the same sound, probably the sound of initial setup! sony c'mon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Please let me re-iterate, there is currently no fix for this issue.  As it is the weekend, I will not be able to find out any further information until at least Monday - of which I will do my hardest to find out whats going on.

In the meantime - theres no point factory resetting the TV or anything else.  If you are new to this thread, you can reply back if you wish to add something, but you can click the 'me too' button on the first post too, which will register your username to this thread.

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue on my w808c TV, after update i have orange/green blinking. 

update date: 25.02.2017

I'm from Romania.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Quinnicus, are you Sony's support?

It is a good idea in fact let them know the number of users affected by this issue with the update.

The thing is, has it never happened before with previous firmware updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vick18 wrote:

Quinnicus, are you Sony's support?

It is a good idea in fact let them know the number of users affected by this issue with the update.

The thing is, has it never happened before with previous firmware updates?

Hi there

Am I Sony Support?

One would think that.  However this would mean I get paid :slight_smile:  So the answer is no.  What I am is a Sony customer just like you. but I am classed as a 'Super User'. I volunteer my time in order to help others in this community (and try to bring some order to chaos). I also have some moderator privelidges and direct communications with Sony that go along with this. 

Numbers effected by this issue:

I dont have upto date numbers, but even if I did I couldnt post them.  However in the scheme of things, it really is only a small amount.  However this amount still warrents immediate action and investigation.  Within a couple of hours of this issue being posted on the forums, it was passed to Sony - so they are aware of it.  Sony Japan is also aware and urgently investigating this issue.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

hi,

i list my usb flash after "updating" and i find the 2 folderssony update.JPGsony update_android data.JPG (see photo).