Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

@razvpop  keeping fingers crossed!

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@vacalimar i edited my post earlier, hope it will work for you guys, i do it second time now... without any other stuff plugd in but USB and Power cord.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

@razvpop maybe one more format usb. once you pluged in tv usb picked some folders.I'm trying your instruction...

mikebennett60
Explorer

Just a quick update.

Spoke to Sony customer service again (4th and 5th time) today after promised call never arrived.

Because I've gone through "all the steps" they have arranged for a repair centre 

to look at it (presumably replacing the mainboard?!?). 

Only lost my temper once when they told me it was a chargeable repair but now 

that is sorted once I sent my receipt for the 3rd time.

day 5........and counting....

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@mikebennett60 the service is charging you for the matherboard? i dont get it, you did not broke it!!! the problem is with theyr update, and they have to asume theyr responsability!

vetvicka
Explorer

my tv just leave to the service, the guy said the if they will be not able reload the software, they have to raplace the motheboard.

i think it's easiest for them replace the motherboard than searching for solution.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

Quinnicus wrote:

As an update:

I cannot obtain any further information than what you guys have got.  However to be frank, as time is now ticking on - my advice very soon is basically to contact Sony and arrange a service repair.  I dont think its fair to 'string' people along with a 'sort of promise' of a USB update.  Lets see what tomorrow brings, which would be a week since the firmware was released.

if we send the TV to Sony to be repaired, they will replace the motherboard but that will be Android 5.1?

then we would get the Tvs and update them again and brick them etc If this happens 3 times they need to replace the tv

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@Quinnicus wrote:

As an update:

I cannot obtain any further information than what you guys have got.  However to be frank, as time is now ticking on - my advice very soon is basically to contact Sony and arrange a service repair.  I dont think its fair to 'string' people along with a 'sort of promise' of a USB update.  Lets see what tomorrow brings, which would be a week since the firmware was released.

if we send the TV to Sony to be repaired, they will replace the motherboard but that will be Android 5.1?

then we would get the Tvs and update them again and brick them etc If this happens 3 times they need to replace the tv

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

then we would get the TVs and update them again and brick them etc If this happens 3 times they need to replace the tv

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@HUSH2H

nop, they will make sure the update is properly installed