Join now - be part of our community!

Loosing channels

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mazzman
Explorer

Loosing channels

I have a very nearly 5 year old Bravia KD - 43XE8396 which feeds to a communal digital aerial and sat dish (2 feeds). I have an old Sagem Sat box that the two sat dish feeds go in to. The digital aerial goes straight into the Bravia and I have always received the Freeview guide perfectly ok. Until recently all was well, but several weeks ago I lost most but not all digital channels, whilst the sat dish feed and been poor for some time. Got a trusted TV aerial guy round who told me the digital aerial signal was fine, but the box on the sat dish was knackered and needed replacing. As the council looks after these aerials I decided to forget about the sat dish for the time being and concentrate on the digital signal. So upon knowing that, according to the aerial guy, the aerial signal was ok, I immediately did a full TV reset. This made no difference and sometimes I get a few channels and sometimes nothing at all! So I decided to by pass the Sagem Sat box and directly connect the sat dish lead into the Bravia, which gets a better signal, but a severely limited programme guide, which I expected. I man now receiving most of the channels this way, quite surprisingly, considering what my aerial chap said. It gets worse. I thought I might as well try and test the signal myself so I bought myself a decent aerial signal strength meter. Imagine my surprise when I connected this and found that according to this meter, there's no signal (or very weak) at all as none of the LED light! None of this makes sense and I'm going round in circles. Is it my Bravia is what I'd really like to know. YouTube and anything via the Internet is fine, but of course this is not using the Bravia's inbuilt tuner. I need expert help here and no guesses please. Thanks :slight_smile: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mazzman
Explorer

Just to say that I now have all my channels back and working perfectly. My Bravia was not at fault, in fact, after some very helpful pointers by members of this community, it was the Bravia's inbuilt diagnostics that confirmed that my aerial was at fault! This was contrary to an earlier report from my aerial chap. Anyway, things are all good now after the installation of a new loft aerial. 
Thanks to all!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, since you got a aerial signal strength meter which showed no signal, this means that the aerial isn't picking up any signal or the signal the aerial picking is very low.

So now, the TV and the aerial signal strength meter which both are two different devices are showing that the aerial isn't picking up any signal. It identifies now that the issue is from the aerial not from your TV but before getting someone to check the aerial, I'd recommend making sure that your TV is running on the latest software from this link here: http://bit.do/fVbuW 

I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Mazzman
Explorer

Just to say that I now have all my channels back and working perfectly. My Bravia was not at fault, in fact, after some very helpful pointers by members of this community, it was the Bravia's inbuilt diagnostics that confirmed that my aerial was at fault! This was contrary to an earlier report from my aerial chap. Anyway, things are all good now after the installation of a new loft aerial. 
Thanks to all!