Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XE9005 Usb recording and playing movies

profile.country.GB.title
Bambibabes
Explorer

KD55XE9005 Usb recording and playing movies

My new TV does not recognise either of the 2 USB sticks I've tried. I've read it is supposed to recognise them, format them and then I can record TV onto them or play movies & music from them. I've tried formatting sticks to FAT32 and I think the size of sticks are a 4GB and an 8GB. Is my TV faulty or am I missing something that I need to do??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For recording officially no stick is supported only HDD. Size limit is in anycase >32 GB aka 64GB and needs to be very fast

For playing any stick should work, try using NTFS, is the best format

You cannot do both on the same device (recording is exclusive)

profile.country.GB.title
Bambibabes
Explorer

Maybe my TV is faulty then as it just says 'kingston USB safely ejeted' in the list of connections. I read it is supposed to recognise them when connect and either format them or play movies or music from the usb stick, using the 'Music' or 'video' apps on the TV. On my last tv I could also just click on the USB in the list of devices, to see what was on the stick, but if I do this nothing happens and contents on stick are not shown.

I wonder if you could make your answer slightly clearer for me? Are you saying USB sticks will can only be used to play movie or music files and are not able to record programs onto it? Does the size need to me minimum of 32gb or 64gb are you saying?? What is the smallest and largest I can use? Am I supposed to format it to something for the TV to recognise it, or should my TV recognise it and format it if needed automatically? Also are you saying the recording is supposed to only go onto the TV's hard drive? Is that what you mean by a HDD? If so I can find no way to record programs onto it. Nowhere can I see a record option. Is my TV faulty or Ammi missing how foreclosed programs somehow and have also got the wrong USB sticks to play movies from it, or music?

Thanks for your time
Rhonda

🦋🧚‍♂️🌼 🌷
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Before saying your tv is faulty you should at least the manual http://helpguide.sony.net/tv/eaep1/v1/en/03-01.html

USB are not officially supported, the reason why I think they are generally too slow. But as I said there is no hard control for it and being that a 32GB stick have actually less than 32GB you should go for a 64GB to try make it works.

For playing music/video/photo any stick should work. If it says ejected it means you forced to eject it, so take it off and on again. Run the app and you 'll see it in the folder view of the app.

The device will be formatted by the tv only to make it available for recording. Once it does, you are not able any longer to see it as a PC device and cannot add any other file to it. It is dedicated to that and only TV. And recording functions will be available as per manual