Join now - be part of our community!

You view past shows not available

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mzsfk5
New

You view past shows not available

My is 43x8305c is having issues with youview. Guide works but when you scroll back nothing is available.  The players work fine on home page but not via you view.

Internet connection looks okay as I player fine on home screen. Tried reinstall but no joy . Software says up to date.

Any clues what to do other than buy a new TV 😂

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I’m not sure what you mean by a reinstall, but I recommend a full Factory Reset.

Not every programme in the backward EPG will be available, even for those channels served by the Players, but no doubt you know that, and there certainly should be some marked with the little circle that says you can play them.

And we have seen times when a programme is actually available on a Player, but not flagged as such in the EPG, because the information on this hasn’t reached the EPG, for some reason.

But YouView is prone to odd small derangements of individual copies, so a refresh may be needed to clear these.

You could first try the reset from the remote (hold down the On button for five seconds or so until the TV reboots) but I think this is going to need the full monty :slight_frown:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

This part of the guide uses your internet to work properly. If you’re seeing the words ‘No information available', it sounds like you’re disconnected from the internet.  I'd recommend checking your connection.

Failing that, it might be best to get in touch with YouView for further advice.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I’m not sure what you mean by a reinstall, but I recommend a full Factory Reset.

Not every programme in the backward EPG will be available, even for those channels served by the Players, but no doubt you know that, and there certainly should be some marked with the little circle that says you can play them.

And we have seen times when a programme is actually available on a Player, but not flagged as such in the EPG, because the information on this hasn’t reached the EPG, for some reason.

But YouView is prone to odd small derangements of individual copies, so a refresh may be needed to clear these.

You could first try the reset from the remote (hold down the On button for five seconds or so until the TV reboots) but I think this is going to need the full monty :slight_frown:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
mzsfk5
New

Did a factory reset as suggested.  did trick all back to normal now. Only shame is having to get apps back etc but wife happy she can scroll back through the schedule ☺