Join now - be part of our community!

BBCiPlayer

profile.country.GB.title
ShewieA
Explorer

BBCiPlayer

The BBCiPlayer has worked fine since we bought the TV a couple of years ago, but has today suddenly stopped working. I checked the software on the TV was up-to-date and I've tried restarting it a couple of times and switching everything off and back on. I've also looked in the Google Playstore to see if I could download it again, but it says it's not available for this equipment. Anyone any ideas what's happened and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Mobu02
New

That worked!  Thanks so much

Still don't understand why it disappeared in the first place

profile.country.GB.title
felledger
Explorer

Cannot access or find on apps stores BBCIPLAYER. Help

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@felledger 

It’s not in the App Store; it may be in Sony Select on your TV, or it may be in Live & Catchup TV, or you may need to have your set in YouView mode, and have tuned in a BBC channel, before you can use it.

Without knowing what model of Sony TV you have, from which to date it between 2015 and 2024, it’s impossible to know which you need to do to get your set working again.

Or it may be that one of Sony’s habitually flaky updates has fubared your set, and you need to back it out, or move onto the latest update, or factory reset it, or recite a magic spell, to get it working again.

But try everything described in each posting in this thread, and if you still don’t get the BBC iPlayer back, post the model number here, so we can at least tell you precisely which fix ought to have fixed it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…