Join now - be part of our community!

another unstable Sony TV

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

another unstable Sony TV

So last May i had to return my 49x8039c to Sony for a mainboard replacement to a known fault related to constant rebooting...done outside of warranty period...hence the known fault

In June I more than doubled any previous cost on a new tv with the 55xg9505 and it now has a similar fault....in that it's useless! great timing...

mainly unresponsive to the remote with the occasional reaction to a press, repeated large blue squares appearing saying cancel / restart, often turning black screen for a couple of seconds, then the power light comes back on and you are back at the same screen, often rebooting completely, unable to turn off using remote, does what it wants

wont make the same mistake again...twice bitten

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

And what the service told you? You have a warranty now

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

this time the tv is less than 1 year old so yes it will be in warranty but I have had many tv's during my life and only Sony needs the warranty ...for both my Sony TV purchases

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Let us know which was the defect the service will find. Warranty are meant for such cases, luckily

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

the defect is the person in HQ responsible for cost down...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you want just to complain you should contact directly Sony. Have a good day

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

I already have, i feel that the forum deserves to know the repeated problems and the fact they are known faults that have continued over 3 -4 years through old and new models

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not know which kind of expertise  and which data you have to assess that two very different tv model has the same defect due the same manifacturing problem. Let's see how the fix it and come back to us if you are not satisified with the solution

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

that's right, you don't have the knowledge but I can now confirm the service repair centre informed me they will replace the motherboard

it's a shame moderator only here to defend blindly

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I am not a moderator a I am glad they found your problem and fix it. And i am not blind luckily