Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Summer Cashback

profile.country.GB.title
gamagee89
Explorer

Sony Summer Cashback

hi, wonder if anyone can help, trying to get my cashback on the summer promotion, i filled everything in correctly but when i upload my proof of reciept and camera serial number i get the following, see pictures, can anyone tell me what is wrong, the files im uploading are jpegsthe message i recievethe message i recievemy uploadsmy uploads

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
deze70
Explorer

Get rid of spaces, brackets and shorten the extension to .jpg   

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
gamagee89
Explorer

first of all, thank you for the reply, i downloaded the images off my iphone, no matter what i do i cant get rid of all the writing, i rename the file .jpg and when i upload it to the apllication for it says jpeg.jpg and still knocks me back. could you explain hown you would do it please

profile.country.GB.title
gamagee89
Explorer

is this what you mean my friend because it still gives me the same messageScreenshot (19).png

profile.country.GB.title
deze70
Explorer

Firstly, make sure you can see extensions in windows.

Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.  Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called > View tab. In this tab, under Advanced Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types. Uncheck this option and click on Apply and OK.

show file extensions

Then:

Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 19.18.34.png

Just rename your files to something like:  invoice.jpg   & serial.jpg

Hope that helps

Deze

profile.country.GB.title
gamagee89
Explorer

aw m8, i really appreciate your help, i did everything you said, all went well, pressed confirm and i got the error message again, il show pics below, forget about the middle photo, both file names were changed to what you said, its doing my head in but i do thank you for your helpScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).png

profile.country.GB.title
deze70
Explorer

I see in your properties window that the files may be blocked? Try ticking unblock and apply on both photos. 

Close properties, Then try and change the extensions from .jpeg to .jpg in exporer.

It's kind of hard for me to duplicate your results as i'm on a mac here.