Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with A1 since installing v2.01 firmware

profile.country.GB.title
Danwimble
Explorer

Problems with A1 since installing v2.01 firmware

Major issues for me since updating to v201.

Cameras are using battery about 30% faster.   I’ve had to buy a further 4 batteries to get through a wedding.

Cameras won’t turn on when inserting a battery. I have to remove battery, turn camera on and reinsert battery to get it to turn on.

Freezing, had one camera completely lock up on me.

Cameras don’t turn themselves back on after initialising.

prior to updating none of these issues were present.

Seen others having the same battery drain and boot problems.

fingers crossed Sony has some advice for me, I really don’t know who to turn to with these issues and have a busy wedding season ahead of me. 

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Really sad for your experience with support.

I hope to don’t need for it, but a better answers are needed 

profile.country.GB.title
Altiar
Community Team

@Bobidog I think that the battery usually drains due to a lot of different factors as explained here also I found that if the display quality is setted to high it might cause a battery draining as explained here also I can see that the due to the temperature change that it might cause the camera to power off automatically as explained here. So i think it is better to check it as it might help you with it.

profile.country.US.title
StevoMercedes
New

My camera isn’t draining thankfully, but it bricked the WiFi/Bluetooth Module. It’s very frustrating because I can’t use the Sony Remote commander anymore, and it was perfectly fine before the 2.01 update. At 2.00 it worked just fine. I’ve had the camera since release and it’s never given me problems. I feel saddened that they don’t want to admit this problem and service the A1’s affected unless you pay an outrageous price. If I broke it, I wouldn’t complain but they did..

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

I can see that there's an new SW Ver. 2.02 did you try to test it ?

profile.country.GB.title
Danwimble
Explorer

I'm on version 2.02 on both A1's and it fixed the battery drain for me.

But.

Every single wedding I experience the cameras not turning on in the normal fashion after a battery change.  I have to turn the camera on and insert the battery to get them to boot up.  Happens with genuine Sony batteries.

And.

I get a total camera lock up when using a Sigma Art 28mm F1.4.

I had none of these issues with 1.35 and below. For a working professional these issues have me looking at other systems that are not buggy. The fact these updates were released with these bugs where the users are highly likely earning their living from them has me lost for words.

Hoping you can push this up top and we can get a fix.

profile.country.US.title
StevoMercedes
New

Yeah, I did the 2.02 firmware and everything is fine but my WiFi/BT module. It was working before the 2.01 update. I’ve tried resetting it, and everything else. I get that same error message.