Join now - be part of our community!

Focus bracketing on Sony A7IV missing

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
Itnisse
Explorer

Focus bracketing on Sony A7IV missing

Is it possible that there will be a software upgrade so that it will be possible to do focus bracketing on this model?

Or is it only for very expensive models.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Itnisse, since this is a user based community, "I don't know" would be the major answer of the users, it's better to pass your feedback through to Sony directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile&tab=Tips 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Actually I expected a lot of software update for A7iv due to his great (?) hardware power abled to be developed (such as for A1, also if I don't have but it's the reference of what sony can do with his platform).
In the real world no new function or really better function has come. The only "main update" is just for the creator app's compatibility (I found a lot of differences on the usability of the "standard" functions of the camera, not all in the better direction, but it's only my opinion).

At this point, with an hardware 2 years old, I'm not sure that Sony is developping any more A7iv. Maybe that a A7v (to be competitive with R6 and Z8) is coming.

So, also if your question is a little bit hard to answer, my opinion is "not, focus stack and pixel shift probably are reserved to "R" line in this moment"

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Itnisse, since this is a user based community, "I don't know" would be the major answer of the users, it's better to pass your feedback through to Sony directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile&tab=Tips 

profile.country.DK.title
Itnisse
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion. Sent to Sony. 😊

profile.country.US.title
danalex0713
New

They will not update anything on a7iv ... The sony has bad support ever... Just buy fujifilm x-t2 this oldest model have support and this option...any many other option then this sony a7iv ...i regret the time when i sell my fuji for this influencer camera.....this is a camera for youtubers :))) 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

I fully agree with you. Fujifilm in last models (excluding medium format) are only “influencer like cameras”.

The sticking on well known features of A7iv makes them a solid working machine.

I was expecting more software upgrades, because at presentation of the camera they say that it has a powerfull. In the field I don’t think so, seems that in more complex situations it has not so much power.

Direct competitor (nikon) add a lot of features tho his cameras: they have to gain a lot of market gap (as for sony some years ago with A7-A7ii)

On the other side canon and sony doesn’t add many features to selled modes, applying only stability improvements and bug fixing updates.

Actually the world of new mirrorless world is a little bit different than I was imagined: they are not like powerful laptops that are able to upgrade with software. They are still like old reflex: big devices that maintain the features that you buy at the moment 

profile.country.GB.title
Showdivad54
Explorer

I bought the A7iv because I have liked my A65 (a lot) and because I wanted full frame 33meg pixles. I also have the full frame sony sal 24-70 Zeis lens which was another reason, (I bought the adapter EA5). I was shocked to find no GPS, you have to connect to your smart phone to get geolocation info. I knew there was no flash but to be honest if I had not already got Sony equipment I would have moved on. It's way overpriced for the features (a7 iv £2000) & the same lens is now sal 24-70 zeis £2200  (I paid new £1200 a few years ago).

profile.country.IT.title
danardi78
Expert

Shocked by your shocking about a features abandoned from all professional cameras. Mainly for the fact that professional camera has magnesium alloy that impact to small signals of GNSS.