Join now - be part of our community!

Associate Color profile with processed Jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
PalashKarmaker
New

Associate Color profile with processed Jpeg

My AdobeRGB jpeg images looks visibly different in different devices. Please note that it it is processed by Sony's new "Imaging Edge" raw processor.

I guess it is due to the color profiles. If I am not wrong, then is it possible to embed color profile with the Jpeg so that it looks almost similar in every device?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

I don't know whether this is possible with Imaging Edge but yes, you can embed colour profiles into JPEGs (e.g. Photoshop can do so). But be aware that not every device is able to handle those profiles, hence in the end you may not see any difference.

Cheers,

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Palash

You need to convert to sRGB to be sure of display consistency between devices.

I generally keep the wider-gamut AdobeRGB for archiving and editing (as well as sending to printers) but convert to sRGB for all other uses. 

This thread on another forum explains the ins and outs of that quite well. Hope it helps!

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
PalashKarmaker
New

Thanks for your response and sorry for the belated reply. I  can understand. But thorough the software provided by Sony, the "Imaging Edge", can I do embed the color profile into the image.

Also I have seen a strange issue with the raw file processed with Imaging Edge. The processed file cannot open with the last saved settings in any other software.

Do anybody have an idea on that?