Join now - be part of our community!

Which games are compatible with 21:9 Xperias?

AndyCalling
Visitor

Which games are compatible with 21:9 Xperias?

So, a tricky thing to work out. Two big issues being the 21:9 aspect ratio and the sound crackling bug. To kick off this list, I can confirm the following:

Chaos Reborn Adventures - Works fine with the 21:9 aspect ratio (full screen, no distortion or cutting off) save for a misaligned dialogue when logging in for the first time. Get that to click properly and it works full screen no probs after that. This game does not trigger the sound crackle bug.

I would love to know about any other confirmed compatible games. I would especially like to know about 'Worms 4' and whether that one works full screen properly if anyone has it to try.

Can we get a list going?

15 REPLIES 15
dzharlaksl
Visitor

Hi!

I already play in:

Gems of War (best mach3)

Albion Online (best with stilus, very small interface at phone)

Asphalt 9

Elder Scrolls Blades

Pixel Starship

Connection

All games works good in 21:9 ratio. 

pressefr
Contributor

Screenshot_20190421-181711.png

PUBG

Screenshot_20190514-075451.png

Honkai Impact 3rd

Screenshot_20190513-212738.png
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

pressefr
Contributor

However, the huge caviate for using the Xperia 10 Plus is there's no Xperia Actions to activate do not disturb while gaming. It's super annoying to receive calls and texts. I hope the Gaming companion that's on the X1 transfers over, since Sony has gave up on Xperia Actions.

Or maybe Kimio Maki from the Alpha Series, just doesn't know. 

pressefr
Contributor

Speaking of Worms 4, the Korean PC game Gunbound has finally came out on Android mobile dubbed "GunboundM"

It's a game that plays just like worms, it was on PC forever a go back in my day! 

Screenshot_20190513-004219.png

AndyCalling
Visitor

@pressefr wrote:

Speaking of Worms 4,the Korean game Gunbound has finally came out on Android mobile dubbed "Gunbound M"

It's a game that plays just like worms, it was on PC forever! 

Screenshot_20190513-004219.png

Interesting. I would prefer Worms 4, but this might be fun. Anyone know if this Gunbound game works at full 21:9 ratio and dodges the sound crackle bug?

pressefr
Contributor

It totally works on 21:9 and no crackling. 

AndyCalling
Visitor

@pressefr wrote:

It totally works on 21:9 and no crackling. 

Nice. I'll be trying that one then. Thanks.

pressefr
Contributor

Xperia1 Offical games.JPG

There are "official" games that Sony partnered with to meet the 21:9 aspect ratio requirements during MWC 2019 announcement.

• Fortnite
  • Asphalt 9 Legends
  • Arena of Valor

Fortnite is just like PUBG, but PUBG is a bit more realistic and Fornite is more cartoonish with a building mechanism. Arena of Valor is the same as Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, but more restrictive controls, with deeper coloring differences. 

AndyCalling
Visitor

FYI folks, I bought Worms 4 when it was at a sale price just in case. I can now confirm that Worms 4 does work perfectly with the 21:9 aspect ratio and that it does not trigger the crackle bug. There is a general bug with it, where you need to manually set the permissions or it won't launch (same on all Android phones it seems?), but that is easily done. Works fine after that.