Join now - be part of our community!

can't remove SD card tray from the phone Xperia 10

SOLVED
badenglish
Visitor

can't remove SD card tray from the phone Xperia 10

After purchase,

As a first action I took when out of box before power on, pulled out SIM/SD card slot. SIM tray came out but SD card tray didn't come with.
I struggled it a while then gave up.(Installed SIM and the phone worked is working fine anyways)

Is there any tip that I can remove SD card tray from the phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
badenglish
Visitor

Thank you,

I finally managed what I've struggled. Again, Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @badenglish, welcome to our community!

It's quite hard to try and assist with this in text, but there are some pictures on our website that will hopefully help you with the removal of the SD card tray from the device.

Single SIM Xperia 10

Dual SIM Xperia 10

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

badenglish
Visitor

Thank you for the advise.

I am still struggling to remove SD card tray from the phone. 

I purchased the brand new phone, I didn't seem the one like someone returned to shop.

I've been looking for any hook mechanism to secure the tray in slot or button to release.

How can I pull SD card tray out from the slot?

Jonas
Master

Hi again @badenglish!

It's quite hard to try and explain in text without showing you exactly how to do it, but it shouldn't be a very complicated task, so there might be something wrong with the tray in your device.

First of all, remove the SIM card "tray" so you have the big part out of the way, use the tip of a nail and you should be able to grab the end of the SD card tray and drag it out.

You can of course also visit the store where you bought it as they should have removed a lot of SD card trays in their life and know exactly how to do it! Slightly_smiling_Face

badenglish
Visitor

Thank you,

I finally managed what I've struggled. Again, Thank you so much.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @badenglish and I'm really happy to hear that you were able to remove the SD card tray! Slightly_smiling_Face

It's not that often that you have to remove it once the card is in place, but hopefully it will be easier for you the next time, now when you know exactly how to remove it.

Have a great day and let me know if there is anything else! Slightly_smiling_Face