Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA Ultra battery draining very fast

SOLVED
manecaglm
Visitor

Xperia XA Ultra battery draining very fast

Hello, I purchased a Sony Xperia XA Ultra from Best Buy while I was on holiday in the States. Now I am back in Bulgaria and I have a problem with the battery - it takes approximately 3 hours to charge, gets stuck on 99 percent, not 100. Then I use it for facebook and messenger, viber etc and in matter of a few hours it is dead and that is over Wi-Fi. I don't know what to do, in order to use my warranty I probably have to live in the States, but I dont. What do I do? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

You mean the USB cable that came with the uch 10? The quick charge is dependent upon the adapter and not the cable. You can check packaging to see if there a icon like the one Found Here https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge/faq

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CameronT
Champion

Hi @manecaglm,

Welcome to the community. I am really sorry to hear about your situation. Slightly_frowning_Face

Warranty issues can only be delt with locally, so I recommend you contact your local support team and possibly the USA support team too for assistance with this.

What I can do is try to help you resolve the issue without having to send it away. Can you please go to Settings > Battery > Show battery usage, and take a screenshot for me?

CameronT
Champion

@manecaglm,

Hmm, that massive drop at ~8PM. What apps were you using at the time?

manecaglm
Visitor

Just regular surfing the web - Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Youtube, Viber and such.

CameronT
Champion

@manecaglm,

I know Facebook can be a huge battery drain, YouTube too. Viber can potentially be as well, if you are doing video or voice calling with it.

I have a feeling that the third party apps you are using might be the issue. I recommend you test your phone from 100% to about 10% while it is in safe mode. Safe mode will start your phone with only pre-installed apps loaded so it is a good way to test if it's third party apps. You will still be able to use the basic functions of your phone, such as calling, SMS and internet browsing.

manecaglm
Visitor

And what about the extremely slow charging? I am using the original Sony cable and this european "fast" adapter: 

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=NL&slg=EN&ctn=DLP2307/12

but it doesn't seem to be any faster. It has been like 2 hours since I am charging it and it is on only 35 percent...

CameronT
Champion

@manecaglm,

If third party apps in the background are causing the issue with your drain, then they will effect the charging too. The more power they are consuming the longer it will take to charge.

You can test the charger by charging the phone while it's powered off, that way no apps are running, it's just the phone and the charger. Be sure to test another charger and USB cable too.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Is it compatible with Qualcomm quick charge specification? If not I am afraid it would only acts as a regular charger
manecaglm
Visitor

Well, I am not sure where to check, but according to the specifications it should work with the Sony UCH10 Fast Charger and the one that I posted works on the same principle, I think, so there shouldn't be any difference, am I correct?