Join now - be part of our community!

"Upcoming Alarm" notification not in marshmallow?

SOLVED
hongertree
Visitor

"Upcoming Alarm" notification not in marshmallow?

Just moved to an Xperia X Compact from a Nexus 4 which was on Lollipop.  This is my first experience of both Marshmallow and not having a phone with stock android (like a Nexus device).  [I'm loving the Xperia btw]

The Nexus on Lollipop used to have a notification called "Upcoming Alarm" with the option to dismiss the alarm before it sounds.  This is really useful if you wake up before your alarm and don't want to turn it off as this would stop it working the next day.  It also turned off Do Not Disturb if you'd set that function to end after the alarm.

I cannot find this on my X and really miss it, but am not sure whether this is an Xperia omission or a Marshmallow omission.  Or perhaps I need to change some setting.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

We are using our own Sony Mobile Clock app in Xperia X Compact, could it be that you are using the standard one from Google in your other devices? Here is a link to it in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock&hl=en

If you prefer the standard app then I recommend that you download it from the Play Store. Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Emir1
Hero

Hi @hongertree,

I had a look using the latest software and there is no option to enable such a feature using our built in Clock app. I recommend that you try to see if there is an Alarm app to your liking in the Google Play Store with that feature.

hongertree
Visitor

Thanks for the info Emir.  For reference: I have looked at Marshmallow on a Motorola Z and it still has the upcoming alarm notification with option to dismiss, so it must be something that Sony have removed from the Xperia version of Marshmallow.

Emir1
Hero

We are using our own Sony Mobile Clock app in Xperia X Compact, could it be that you are using the standard one from Google in your other devices? Here is a link to it in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock&hl=en

If you prefer the standard app then I recommend that you download it from the Play Store. Slightly_smiling_Face

hongertree
Visitor

Thanks Emir, your suggestion has solved my problem.  I have changed back to the standard Google clock app for my alarms (I thought it was part of the Android OS).  The further good news is that it works with the Sony clock widget, so I can still have the lovely Xperia clock on my home screen.  Happy!

Emir1
Hero

Sweet! Yeah, they have the same name so it's easy to confuse them. Slightly_smiling_Face Let me know if there's anything else!