Stinkhammer
Visitor

Z2 Tablet has charged 7% in 5 hours. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks

Z2 Tablet has charged 7% in 5 hours. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jonas
Master

Hi @Stinkhammer, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Are you charging the device using a wall mounted charger, or a USB port? Charging it using a wall mounted charger will charge the device faster, so if you haven't tried that, please do so.

Is the device turned on when you are charging it, or is it turned off? If it's turned on, try powering it off and let it charge for 2 hours or so and see if that makes it charge any faster.

Let me know how it goes!

Stinkhammer
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. It's the magnetic dock charger. It has a 110v to USB adapter then a USB cord to the dock. I've used this same charger for years  And its always as charged in a few hours. It's been about 22 hours of charging now and it's only at 25%. I had this problem previously when charging the tablet using its micronusb port direct to the wall. Looks like I'll have to try doing a factory reset. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again and thank you so much for this information.

Have you also tried charging it using a cable and a wall mounted charger this time, or have you only tried with the magnetic dock charger? If you haven't tried with a wall mounted charger and cable, please do so and let me know if there is any change.

You can also try charging your device with the magnetic dock charger in safe mode, just so we can make sure that no downloaded applications are the cause of this (if the tablet is turned on when you charge it).

Keep me posted!

cosasdeinet
Visitor

Try a 2 AMPS charger. Discard dock chargers or USB chargin over a desktop.