Join now - be part of our community!

Why bother with a 32 GB model over a 16 GB?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Why bother with a 32 GB model over a 16 GB?

Can anyone tell me if I have got this wrong. If a16GB SD card cost  just c£15, why bother with a 32 GB over 16 GB model s1 tablet which cost £100 more?

Message was edited by: hip_hop_rob

Message was edited by: hip_hop_rob

13 REPLIES 13
ste161
Visitor

I got my 32GB SD card today and popped it in, the sony file transfer software popped up straight away and it allows me to copy to the SD card and from the SD card to internal memory.

you can access the additional SD card and open files from it directly, i tried this with the green hornet trailer, transferring it to the additional SD ard then playing it with the Sony media player without any problems.

hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Well...Just to confirm what the previous poster posted.  As well as being able to transfer movies over from the SD card.  When you first put the SD card in, it gives you the opportunity to play movies directly from the card-Which is brilliant!  Considering the internal memory space on the 16 GB is reduced to a lowly c 9 GB (I think) after space of  the initial software is taken up this is great news!

Why clog up the internal drive if an external SD Card can be read directly?

ajaassan
Visitor

hi since you got the sony tablet please can you tell me if photos on sd cards can be played without transferring to tablets and if they can be played on sony galary as a slide show thanks in advance

reg6ft3
Explorer

just put a couple of pics on the sd card, the gallery app can view therm from the card, but not as a slideshow as you have to open them individually, not sure if there are other apps that can view as a gallery on the sd card