Join now - be part of our community!

can acess app store and other sites plz help

SOLVED
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
darthyodda
Visitor

can acess app store and other sites plz help

i bought the new  tablet sgpt1111us/s i can surf the internet, but i can not acess my gmail or youtube , or the app store , i cant even back door yout tube or the app store it says no internet connection and when trying to set up and account even though i already have a gmail account it sayd there is a network problem ,,, if anyone can help plz plz do so , tech support basicly told me to reset the unit and it didnt fix the problem 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Welcome to the Sony forum.

That sounds like a real odd issue. The fact you have access to the internet but not certain sites seems quite unusual. When you reset the unit, did you reset it via the pin hole or via the menu? I would go via the settings and reset that way if you have not done so but will reset as if you just purchased it. As a safe bet, I would also reset your router to see if that helps.

From time to to time, my BT Homehub stops me jumping on YouTube but other sites run fine so be worthwhile trying as it takes a few minutes. You might want to try it around a friends house with their internet connection to see if the same happens.

Let us know your findings

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Welcome to the Sony forum.

That sounds like a real odd issue. The fact you have access to the internet but not certain sites seems quite unusual. When you reset the unit, did you reset it via the pin hole or via the menu? I would go via the settings and reset that way if you have not done so but will reset as if you just purchased it. As a safe bet, I would also reset your router to see if that helps.

From time to to time, my BT Homehub stops me jumping on YouTube but other sites run fine so be worthwhile trying as it takes a few minutes. You might want to try it around a friends house with their internet connection to see if the same happens.

Let us know your findings

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you by any chance installed a third party internet security app?

Rich.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat