Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 cannot connect to two devices (2nd and 4th generation iPad Pros) simultaneously

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

WH-1000XM4 cannot connect to two devices (2nd and 4th generation iPad Pros) simultaneously

I’ve just got these and I need to connect them to a 2nd and 4th generation iPad Pro simultaneously (both iPads are running iPadOS 14.1). My old defunct Bose cans could do this and I really expected a pair  I’ve just thrown £355 down on to also be able to. 

I have downloaded the app (which isn’t optimised for iPad screen sizes) and there is clearly an option to do this but, when I switch it on, it switches back off again after a couple of seconds. Is the second screenshot the reason…? If this isn’t possible, then I’m going to have to return them. What does that message mean - and is it the reason I cannot switch connection sharing on…? My old Bose cans connected to both my iPads via settings no problem. Any help, folks…? 

Won’t stay switched onWon’t stay switched onIs this the reason…?Is this the reason…?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You cannot listen to both iPads simultaneously. You can only listen to one or the other.

See also: https://community.sony.de/t5/how-tos-faqs-audio/multipoint-connection/ba-p/3710909

Cheers

Peter