Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A55L suitable sony earphones

profile.country.GB.title
kevind
New

Walkman NW-A55L suitable sony earphones

Hi

I've just purchased a NW-A55L.  In the settings there are two Sony earphone/headphone choices IER-NW500N/NE or MDR-NW750N/NE or I can select 'other headphones'.

Neither of the Sony products are available.  Does anyone know whch of the current Sony range would work (fully) if I chose one of these two settings?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

In principle you can use every headphone you like when using 'other'. There are only some specials settings for these two headphone models.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
kevind
New

Yes I understood that.  It just seems a waste to have special settings for headphones that aren't available.  And I wondered if other headphones could be used with those settings.

tsport636
New

My understanding is that the headphones listed are only available in Japan and the extra features available are noise cancelling and ambient sound control. For some reason Sony didn't bother to remove these settings when selling into markets outside Japan even though they had no function. However some Sony headphones, such as theWF-1000XM3, already have these functions built in so you can just set the NW-A55L to other headphones and you will still get the benefits. I have used that combination with excellent results.