Join now - be part of our community!

SONY WH-XB900N Headphones do not playback stereo sound when using the microphone (WIN 10)

profile.country.GB.title
aggeloskotsiop
New

SONY WH-XB900N Headphones do not playback stereo sound when using the microphone (WIN 10)

I purchased my new headphones recently and within the first day I noticed that they dont playback stereo sound when you are running an application which uses your microphone. Even when your microphone is muted, when running appications like Discord, MS Teams and Zoom meetings you CANNOT hear any other sound from your device (System sounds, Music, Games) in stereo quality but struggle hearing it in mono. I find this very obscure given that many people bought headphones this year to hear the online meetings but does this mean that we have to compromise for lesser audio quality in music and other tasks too, when attending these meetings? 

All of my bluetooth and audio drivers are updated on the windows 10 machine and the Digital Mixer option for Realtek users does not help with this problem either.

How can we have a Stereo audio quality and also use apps that have access to our microphone?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

This is a restriction of the Bluetooth HSP (headset) profile. This profile does support monaural audio only.

So there's nothing wrong with your headphones or your PC.

Cheers

Peter