Join now - be part of our community!

incorrect length shown in a video file

smsmasters
Visitor

incorrect length shown in a video file

hello. i have this mpeg video file which is 15 mins long but when i play it in windows media player it shows it as 1min in length.i cannot play the video properly because it shows the incorrect length of the video file.
If i play the video file on a different computer it works fine....

please help me rectify this. cheers

23 REPLIES 23
smsmasters
Visitor

ok, i fixed it!! it now shows the corect length yippeeeee!!!! it turns out that it was this "main concept mpeg 1/2 splitter" that caused media player to show the incorrect length. That main concept splitter came with fuckin sonic foundry pro 4!!!! i uninstalled it and voila. it worked!!! :smileygrin: im happy very happy. i thought i had to reinstall the whole fuckin windows xp... sorry for the swearing..im just so over the moon :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Good news! Sometimes splitting a movie at a certain point breaks it, because theres a missing keyframe.

smsmasters
Visitor

when i uninstalled sonic foundry acid pro 4 it still left the "main concept mpeg splitter". can i safely manually delete these or shall i keep it. what confuses me is why that mpeg splitter messes up everything so much??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not sure why it messes everything up, check out Sonic Foundary's website. Also do a custom install and not install the mpeg splitter.