Join now - be part of our community!

HX803 / BD S 470 - UWA-BR100 for each ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jazznick
Visitor

HX803 / BD S 470 - UWA-BR100 for each ?

About to get the two items above - each manual says a  UWA BR100 will link you to your home network.

Does that really mean £60 x 2 to link each wirelessly or does one dongle allow daisy-chaining back

through the HDMI connection ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

I believe you will need 2 of those.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

I believe you will need 2 of those.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
Catmambo
Contributor

Nico is of course correct, but do you need to get 2? The two devices you have offer parity of services. Arguably I'd connect  the Blu-ray over the TV if you are limited to one as iPlayer on the  Blu-ray looks a bit nicer and offers HD content.

No real reason to connect 2 in my view unless you have a specifc need.

thanks

jazznick
Visitor

Nico

Thanks,

I've also had 2 others advising one only required.

One of them said connect to TV and the other to Blu Ray !!!

I'm getting one for now (for the TV) and will see how I get on.

cullaloe
Visitor

I also have the UWA-BR100 for my KD-EX703 and IT DOESN'T WORK.

You're right about "getting your money back". I'm going to return all of this SONY crap and get my money back. It doesn't do any of the things they claim, except show TV pictures.

I've spent several hours today trying to get the WLAN working. It doesn't work - evidently a fault within the TV. The firmware update doesn't work, either.

Sony TV's do not appear to be "fit for purpose".

What a massive disappointment.

slowtrain
Visitor

Hi cullaloe

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but don't be too hasty in getting rid of the TV. Sony do make excellent TVs. I've had Sony TVs from the early 80's and never had any real serious problems that couldn't be sorted out under warranty. Admittedly the TVs now do have more happing inside so there will be occasion for the TV to play up. Just get the shop to change for another one or a simillar model. I have an EX403 wired directly to a BB router with no problems and its best TV I've ever owned!

Goodluck and thanks.

slowtrain

profile.country.sv_SE.title
duffan
Visitor

SKIP THE WLAN adaptors for both.

It is comming media servers with browsers you connect via HDMI and the you can surf, se movies streemed anyway and better.

The Sony Internet is crap preselected stuff without browsers.

WLAN i Sony TV is a joke

Catmambo
Contributor

Pure media servers have been around for years but failed to capture any market share and haven't offered key or premium services. Indeed there is nothing stopping consumers connecting their PC directly to the TV to access many of these services.

You cite Boxee in one of your other posts which indeed does offer some services which BRAVIA doesn't but then BRAVIA offers some services which Boxee does not such as premium movies and music. Boxee is still an external STB. Research continues to show that people prefer fewer boxes, with services integrated into their TV's, much like Freeview evolved from a STB to an integrated service.