Join now - be part of our community!

charging and alarm in X10

SOLVED
Not applicable

charging and alarm in X10

In X10, I can't charge while turn off the phone. That means after turn off the phone, the charger is plug in and then the phone was turn on again and charging. But I need without trun on the phone while charging. And also alarm, while turn off the phone, the alarm dun work properly. Last my old sony W580i, it contains this functions. It can charge and do alarm while turn off the phone. But now X10 can't. Pls help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

The phone doesn't turn off totally when charging as it has a smart charging type ability that prevents the battery from overcharging and thus prolongs our battery life span.  The phone will charge up to 100% and then stop charging, once the charge drops below 95% it starts charging again and so on throughout the charge period, which for most of us is overnight.

If you don't wish to receive calls or notifications then use airplane mode overnight.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

You will not be able to have the alarm work without the phone on. I learnt that one the hard way. Slightly_frowning_Face Flight mode should work for what you want though. Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Use Airplane mode, its practically an off phone.

Not applicable

Oops double reply, pardon me  silvertop20.

suze
Leader

The phone doesn't turn off totally when charging as it has a smart charging type ability that prevents the battery from overcharging and thus prolongs our battery life span.  The phone will charge up to 100% and then stop charging, once the charge drops below 95% it starts charging again and so on throughout the charge period, which for most of us is overnight.

If you don't wish to receive calls or notifications then use airplane mode overnight.