Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Companion

SaiWong3268
Visitor

Xperia Companion

Hello,

I have inherited a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua from a relative. However, she has not used it for a

very long time and could not remember the screen lock password.

She has a new phone now and does not mind if everything is wiped from the phone.

We have tried to follow the guides to press Power/Vol Up/Vol Down keys to try and factory reset

but the menu never appears.

We would like to use Xperia Companion to do a Software Repair to reset the device.

With regard to the Google account. Does this need to be the previous account used on the phone

or can I use a brand new Goodle account that I use (that has never been associated with the phone).

I ask this as I assume the Google account is used to setup email and Google Play app, so the

Google account has to be for the new user rather than the previous user. Is this correct ?

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @SaiWong3268, welcome to our forum! Slightly_smiling_Face

On Xperia devices, there is no menu that you can access using the power button + volume buttons, that is why a menu is not appearing for you.

The Google account credentials that may be needed after the software repair has been completed is the account that was previously added in the device before the reset. This is because it's a anti theft protection on the device and if it was stolen, the theif can't just reset the device and use it.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

SaiWong3268
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. So if I get the previous user to use her Google account after Software Repair

can I then change it again to my Google account as a new user (or is the phone stuck with only

using previous Google account) ?

Jonas
Master

Hi again @SaiWong3268!

It will be "locked" to your Google account so no worries about that! Slightly_smiling_Face