Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia M no signal - SIM works in other phones

Braddingo
Visitor

Sony Xperia M no signal - SIM works in other phones

Hello.

I have recently had problems with my Sony Xperia M phone.

I recently dropped the phone and the screen had cracked and so i issued for a fix at a local shop and so i had to remove my sim card, sd card etc. As the phone returned to me i have not been able to have a signal however i get a very slight signal 5 minutes away from my home which makes no sense as i used to get full bar signal strength in my home before i took it in to get fixed.

I have searched for mobile network operators at home and it will not pick up any at all.

I have tried a factory reset; this did not work.

I have tried the Sony 'Update Service' and have also updated my phone to the latest version but nothing is working at all which is leaving me somewhat confused.

Heres what it says when i go to 'about phone':

Network: no service

Signal strength: 0dBm 99asu

Mobile network type: unknown

Service state: out of service

Roaming: not roaming

Mobile network state: disconnected

My phone number: unknown

IMEI: removed by alexdon - no private info on the forum

IMEI SV: 

Also i have tried my sim card in my friends and parents phones and it works perfectly just like it used to. Also have tried their sim cards in my phone and they could not get a signal at all (the people were on my network also).

I'd appreciate help as i'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Mildog
Visitor

I also have this problem the phone decides when Im allowed to use my sim card on/off On/off on/off yes my sony m2 is alive when I don't need it here u go son fire away and when most important needed Slightly_frowning_Face sorry we can't detect ur sim nooooo
a2falcone
Visitor

I have the same problem. My screen cracked, I changed it in a local shop, and my signal got all weak and erratic. It isn't just a SIM on/off thing, because although sometimes I have full signal and the next second I have none, other times I have 1 bar and just 2g in places that should have good signal. I have no signal almost all the time in places where I used to have medium signal (like my house). I took it to the shop again, and they (allegedly) did all they could, including changing the antenna, but the problem remains. The "GSM only" thing changed nothing, so that was probably a solution for a different signal problem (and who wants GSM only if you hired 3G, anyway).

Salahuddin22
Visitor

Bro i also have same problem. If you did the solution plzzz help me.
Amar1
Visitor

Seriously pls don't buy sonyyy

Luh-mas
Visitor

Guys I see you have the same problem as mine. Kindly please go through this video posted below. Thank me later! 

https://youtu.be/0LdSNGdtwSw

Keke9
Visitor

Hi there

My sony xperia E2303 has a problem...it says no service, i have tried to fix the problem myself(settings:mobile networks:network operators) but it does not help... Its been a week now, plz help...