Caro1995
Visitor

Mobile data is not working

I do not get my mobile data and work with Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

GT

4 REPLIES 4
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Caro1995 and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear this. First make sure that you have mobile data turned on in your device. You can do that if you go to: Settings > Data usage > Mobile data > On.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior I would recommend that you download new Internet settings for your device. To do so, go to: Settings > More > Internet settings > Accept. Wait for the download to finish then see if it is working as it should.

Let me know how it goes.

Richie5
Visitor

This has happened to me a couple of times when I bought new sim cards. You need to call your network provider and they will send Internet Settings to your phone for you to download and they will automaticall install. 

Jonesy66
Visitor

This really helped me with my issue. Thanks

SonyStu
Visitor

Just to be clear what part of the advice worked for me, it was:

Settings > More > Internet settings > Accept. Wait for the download to finish.

My full steps were:

1. I made sure I had a wifi connection. (Not sure if needed, but I assumed it needed some form of internet connection to download the settings?)

2. "Settings > More > Internet settings > Select Operator".

I'm with Aldi mobile (Australia) and it gave me two options to download. "Teslra Mobile" or "Boost Mobile". I choose Telstra Mobile and waited for it to download.

3. I restarted the phone (may not have been neccesary, but I didn't want to take any chances as I'd been trying all day to get this thing to work).

4. Turned off wifi (to test) and finally my 4G symbol was there at the top of the screen with the signal bars.

Mobile data now working as it should.

Stu.