Join now - be part of our community!

How to reset network lock counter?

SOLVED
B39
Visitor

How to reset network lock counter?

Re: SIM Network unlocking problem

Hi

I contact you because I want to know how to reset my counter for unlock my phone Xperia M4 Aqua (E2306)

I checked *#*#SERVICE#*#* meny (*#*#7378423#*#*) - SIM lock:

SIM 1

[o] Network  0
[x] Network subset 0
[x] Service provider 0
[x] Corporate 0
[x] SIM 0

The people who I'm asking for the code told me that I need to ask for a reset because it's locked and the code it doesnt work so, Is it possible to unlock my phone? Is it possible to reset this counter?

Thank you

17 REPLIES 17
Choy05
Visitor

I also have a problem like this can you help me to solve this?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Choy05, sorry for the late reply!

I'll gladly help you! Could you please elaborate a bit on the behaviour you are experiencing? Do you not have any attempts left?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Dave53
Visitor

Hi, in my experience, I had an XA and sent if off for a network counter reset. A week later got a repair quotation asking for £80 for: a broken Main display, Problems using the update service, a replacement battery, a replacement display, replacement earpiece and replacement "component"? Wow! And all I wanted was a counter reset! Beware!

Jonas
Master

Hi @Dave53!

Was the device defect when you sent it in to have the counter reset? I'm not quite sure how the routines work in your market but as far as I know, the service centre will need to repair all defects on the device, even when it's "just" to reset the counter.

For more detailed information about the service routines in your market, get in touch with your Local support team as they are much better informed about this than I am, as I work Globally and the routines may vary between regions/markets.

frank123sdfghh
Visitor

Anyone else trying to find out how much they will be fleeced to have a sony tablet counter reset.. I can tell them....

£25 Twenty Five GBP just to 'Assess' the item, then £26 Twenty Six GBP to reset the counter.

£51 for what ?........I paid the 25 (no choice!) and told the robbing sh*ts to return the thing to me. sony NEVER AGAIN !

arceyered
Visitor

Phone invalid chip no service? 

Unhappy_camper
Visitor

I thought I would add my 2cents to this.

Contacted Support (Chat) and was given link and reference number to send my phone to get the counter re-set, so I can unlock my Xperia L1.  Took them a week when I got inpatient and had to call repair center to find out that my phone is "Water Damaged" and that they can't re-set the counter on my phone. So I said Ok, send my phone back and I will have to pay now reduced fee of 14.40.

I thought it would be in software, so I had to figure out how to install software for flashing new one but flashing new software didn't help.

I don't expect Sony to deal with this matter as any manufacturer support knows as much about their product and how to fix them as dead person about future technology. This is related to any manufacturer (cars, phones, windows, computers you name it). They are all useless. You are welcome to purchase another product which will work just fine but when it comes to fixing it.. no hope.

I will be digging into it myself since my phone is currently brick I can't use. Blocked phone, unlock code for my phone and different mobile operator SIM. Three things that just don't go together. I would gladly add SONY to this trio as I will never purchase another phone from them. I may if I start collecting them for display but not for calling, texting etc...

Jonas
Master

Hi @Unhappy_camper,

If the device is water damaged it will not be repaired, so there is nothing strange going on there.

For devices that are water resistant, the service centre will perform a test to see if this is covered by the warranty or not and take the appropriate action. For devices that are not water resistant and are water damaged, you should receive a quotation for a new device, or that the device can be sent back after paying the examine fee. That is at least how the service routines are in the Nordic market where I'm situated.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what the service does to reset the counter, but since you can't do it on your own by repairing the software/flashing a different software, they have some other way of doing it. Keep in mind that the support agents are not trained to help customers repair their devices as we do not recommend this and all service on the device is performed by trained technicians at the service centres.