Join now - be part of our community!

PS3/4 HDMI Control (CEC) from Sony STR Amp

AHands
New

PS3/4 HDMI Control (CEC) from Sony STR Amp

Hi,

I have a Sony STR DN1030 amp, but i'm sure the features/controls/menus are very similar to others in the model line. I'm aware that it can control TV's using the CEC HDMI link, and it should be able to connect and control both my PS4 (Connected to Game) and PS3 (Connected to BD/DVD).

I've enabled all the settings on both systems, but cant seem to get it working. Has anyone successfully managed to get their amp controlling their PS3 or PS4 (I'm more interested in getting it working for my ps3, but would be happy with either!!!)

I am running HDMI 1.3i cables (as I have had both running on 3D successfully) and the amp is connected to a projector, but I wouldn't have though that this should have much of an effect on the connection between amp and console.

Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have a STR-DH820 AV Receiver - I have never successfully managed to get the AV Receivers remote control to control my PS3 (even though PS3 is connected to AV Receiver).  However my TV's remote control can control the PS3 and everything else I have connected.  I only need to use the AV Receivers remote to turn on or use features (but rarely). 

Cheers