Join now - be part of our community!

no sound from my DAV-DZ260 DVD player

no sound from my DAV-DZ260 DVD player

hello i have had this TV and the home cinima system for 5 years now and when i come to use the DVD player there is no sound, the DVD player is connected to my sony TV via a scart lead, i do not use the speackers that i came with i just play it through the TV. but there is no sound at all!!!! just wondering what i could do. 

thanks Jac.:smileyhappy:

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be honest, Ive not heard of people using a system such as this, and only outputting the sound via the TV's speakers and not via the surround sound speakers.  So im curious on how this is setup or any additional cabling.

If this setup has worked for you before, is there anything that has changed recently?  As in, have you moved it, changed any settings etc? 

A couple of suggestions for you

1. Ensure that the SCART cable is fully connected and seated in correctly and in the right socket.
  2. Ensure that nothing is "muted"
  3. Do you normally have any other connections from the system to the TV, like using the headphone jack on the DAV system, to an audio input on the TV?  If so, ensure HP 2CH is displayed.  Page 25, 26 of the manual
  4. If all else fails, you might want to consider is system reset.  Page 46 of the manual.

Manual is : HERE

Cheers