Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S185 freezing when BBC iplayer is selected

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RadiantDuck88
Explorer

BDP-S185 freezing when BBC iplayer is selected

Hi all,

sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I recently bought a BDP-S185 in February 2012 with the attraction of BBC iplayer and lovefilm etc. And its been doing it's job wonderfully until yesterday. I hhave just got back from a two week trip and when i tried to watch iplayer it's caused my Blu-ray player to freeze on the 'wallpaper' (normal blue line bckground thing, but without the menus).

It wont respond and after quite a while will just turn itself off. Everything else works, and I've tried turning it off at the wall and trying again, a factory reset (though I think thats only regarding the settings) and the firmware is up-to-date.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Many thanks

108 REPLIES 108
justinkenya
Visitor

I'm having the same problem on our 22" bravia TV.  WHite screen, url flashed up then error message as described in one of the earlier posts.  We have BT broadband.  Have had the TV for one year with no problems.

don.greenhill
Visitor

Same problem. Using a Sony BDP-S580. Since last night have had problems connecting to BBC iPlayer.

Message on screen same as others.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/?avkb=mc.B:27

All other network services on player work perfectly and BBC iPlayer works on iPhone and other computers on same network.

Does anyone know if Sony are dealing with this problem?

jones37108
Visitor

Same problem using a BDP-S370..............

Sheffnet
Visitor

Same problem on a SONY - BDP-S185 Blu-ray

ISP is Talk Talk.

Iplayer works fine on PC and other services are OK (YouTube, Demand 5, etc).

Download speed check shows 8.86 mb/s

don.greenhill
Visitor

Have managed to get iPlayer working again by doing a reset of network connection to our router.

But strongly suspect that the problem is due to some sort of software clash between Sony and BBC iPlayer since nothing else was affected.

Don't know if this is a permanent fix.

lgb2000
Visitor

Sadly on the S185 BD player, the fix is not so simple as a factory/network reset :angry:

Sheffnet
Visitor

Now working again.

justinkenya
Visitor

Yep working again here too as of this afternoon.

lgb2000
Visitor

Still broken on my S185

Whitingx
Visitor

I can confirm that iPlayer is still also broken on my S185 - same symptoms as mentioned on this and other forum threads.

Has anyone heard anything about this from Sony? My support request has so far gone unanswered.