Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 competition

Amanda_jh
Explorer

PS4 competition

:slight_smile:

Hello, I entered the PS4 competition, actually won (shock!!).... So I sent off my stuff and I have not heard anything.

I have tried to use the "contact us" form but it keeps crashing out no matter which computer/browser I am using... 

Does anyone have an email address to contact them?

Thanking you in advance xx

286 REPLIES 286
Atually
Explorer

All - I have been waiting since July and my pursuit of this cursed prize is now some form of perverse game to me.  I send emails to every single SONY email I can find (support, shop, customer services etc etc), copying out the same message time and time again.  I have even cc'ed [Edited by moderator remove personal details] (who is apparently head of customer service - [Edited by moderator to remove contact details]) but even he does not respond.  This service is shameful.  I have emailed BBC's Watchdog (watchdog@bbc.co.uk) in the following terms - other "winners" might choose to copy/paste this, as appropriate, and file their own claims.

Good luck guys.

AT

Dear Sir/Madam

I won a free PS4 in SONY's competition in July 2014 (Participation Code: XXX) but I have not received it yet.  By way of background, the competition promoted a 1 in 5 chance to win a PS4 when purchasing a SONY TV.  My entry won and I provided proof of purchase in accordance with the competition's terms and conditions and SONY admitted I have a valid claim.  The terms and conditions of the competition said delivery would occur within 5 weeks.  It has been four months since I won the PS4 in this cursed competition.  I have been liaising with SONY on a daily basis and customer service keeps "escalating" my query with no material result whatsoever.  I have been chasing since late July 2014.  There are dozens of other "winners" with the same problem and we discuss this on the SONY online forums.  In my view, the competition was an inducement to purchase a SONY TV and their failure to honour the terms of the competition constitutes misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of contract. I am a lawyer and have better things to do, but I will sue them over this as a matter of principle.

I have copies of all correspondence to/from SONY to date.

Kind regards

XXXX

Shaun.bell

Arrived home to find a parcel waiting at a neighbours. The holy grail arrived today. Think the difference was facebook. Also thanks to all who have responded on here too.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update Shaun.bell  :thumbsup:

Shaun.bell

Thanks to your stirling effort also Quinnicus. I think Sony should look at this and offer you a consultant post, or a paid position community thread officer! I notice you seem to iron out a few issues onb here.  

I should be doing cartwheels but... the whole episode has been a little tiring. At least I will not have to appear on Watchdog now!

plneedham
Explorer

Some good news for me as well as I've also now received my PS4.

Last week, completely out of the blue, I received an email from Maggie Mikulska in Customer Relations (cro.EN@eu.sony.com ) thanking me for my patience and asking which address I wanted the PS4 to be delivered to and then a few days later its arrived!!

Whether  it was the threat of Watchdog I don't know but I'd like to thank everyone on this message board for keeping the issue alive and especially to Quinnicus who found out far more information for me than the Sony staff were willing to tell me. Again a slightly hollow feeling due to the hassle involved but good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Cheers

plneedham

rpalmer83
Explorer

Good to hear some people are finally receiving them. I have still heard nothing since someone from sony's UK Facebook page asked me to PM them the documents on Friday 14th November.

Whether I get it or not I'm still disappointed & I don't think I'd ever trust sony to honour a promotion in good time if at all again. When you win something in May you generally don't expect to have to wait 6 months before there's even any sign of getting the prize.
guswilso
Explorer

Hey All

Happy to report I just received my PS4! I was contacted by customer services asking for my address on Nov 24th, but was offered no reason why. Then out of the blue at 7.20pm tonight it arrived, no email letting me know it was dispatched, no letter inside. I thought they could at least have replied with an apology or reason for all the hassle, but anyway I'm happy that at last I can put this sorry episode to rest.

So good luck to everyone else still waiting, I think the signs are good you'll get your one soon.

Gus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replied all.  Glad you guys are getting them !  Happy playing :grin:

Atually
Explorer

I'm still waiting (since July)! Not holding my breath for a Christmas miracle, either.

BBC's Watchdog has been more responsive and shown more interest in this than SONY. Can't wait to go "public" on this very soon.

rpalmer83
Explorer

I too have recieved an email from Bumni Anderson in Sony Customer Services today appologising for the issues experienced and asking my address details to complete the delivery. So looks like progress is finally being made.

Those who have still not got theres, press on the social networking channels until you get someone who will actually help by asking you to upload scans of reciepts/participation codes rather than just appologise for inconvenience as this is what appears to have got the ball rolling. Posting in this thread and linking it in the channels has probably also helped to bring it to the attention of the right people.

I still don't think its right how long its taken to resolve and get them to listen, however its nice to finally not feel like i'm just hitting a brick wall trying to get a prize that's rightfully mine & hopefully Sony will take on board peoples frustrations and learn lessons so problems like this don't occur on future promotions.