Join now - be part of our community!

ZF9 connection issues after android 9 update

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

ZF9 connection issues after android 9 update

Hey all,

Since I did my update to android 9 (v6.3598) on my ZF9, I have been having issues with Netflix and Youtube. Sometimes I can watch mutliple netflix episodes back to back without having any issues, and other times it will just keep buffering till 24% and doesnt go further. When I try the youtube app, it also does not load and it seems like a connection issue because after a while the apps start up again and work like nothing ever happened.

I did a factory reset two times now and connected my internet wired. I did not have any issues on the previous android 8 update. Is there any way I can go back to that one, or is there any news on a potential new update fixing those bugs?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Are you sure your network is working right?

BTW a new firmware update is on the way

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

Yeah, all my other devices (and another older sony tv) are working fine without any issues. I did a factory reset yet again yesterday trough the hardware method (power and volume down buttons instead of the menu option), so im wondering if that helps.

Great to hear that there is another update on the way. Is there any ETA or know issues that are fixed in that one? And sorry to bother, but is this information from inside sources? I thought no sony employees were on this forum :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As an expert I have access to some internal information, but you can have yourself a view of what has been released in US even if none can guarantee that the EU one will be identical. No ETA due to covid situation

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-z9f_zf9-series/xbr-65z9f/downloads/00016704

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

Alright, thanks! Is it possible to install that firmware also on my model?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No. You have to wait for your country release

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

alright thanks! untill then, will my TV not be damaged by restarting everytime? It seems like the new update will solve all the problems im having seeing the changelog.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As long as you use a software reset you can do it as much as you need, don't worry

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

alright, thanks! I actually ment the normal restarting. Because I have to do it once every two days or something like that