Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

My model number is KD - 55XD9305

Date on manufacture 2016/11

So it's also a problem on newer units.

Peanutuk
Explorer

My XD9305 returned yesterday by Martin Dawes who effected the replacement board. The engineer who delivered it said Sony were aware of the issue and the replacement dsp boards had been upgraded.....

So far all back to normal but at least I have a John Lewis 5 year warranty. 

This was a March 2016 manufacture date screen.

profile.country.GB.title
everdene1
Explorer

I purchased mine in May 2016 got the engineer coming out next Friday, thank god I bought it from John Lewis with extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
4KGOLD
Explorer

Clearly this TV is not a "premium" product; although the price is premium. Perhaps the mistake Sony made was using cheap power boards and now they will have to pay more anyway to solve all the failures? I would not expect Sony to admit to a problem anytime soon though.

It's not just the power board failures for me though. The TV takes an age to boot up and is really laggy and stuttery as if they have put in a processor which simply cant handle the load of a modern TV, with Android apps, etc. The screen is also slightly bent and a very annoying "feature" is when you turn on the TV guide and the picture cuts out for a second and then comes on again in the background.

It does the job, but I could have bought a much cheaper TV from Tesco that would perform to the same level. I wanted premium speed and performance and this TV delivers neither.

I had a CRT Sony TV in the 80s and 90s and it was great, as was a first gen flatscreen from Sony.

But calling this XD9305 a "premium" TV is like entering a 20 year old Robin Reliant into an F1 race; it just can't compete with the opposition.

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Listen all,

SONY have washed their hands of this issue, they simply roll out the company line "you are merely a small percentage of complainers with a faulty TV, the vast majority of customers are happy"....

Well here we are months later and the XD9305 continues to fail as more people are reporting here.

Also, the manufacture date has zero baring on this issue, the fault in not in the manufacturer date, it is in the DPS board.......

If SONY want to avoid a media meltdown and damage to their reputation (which it has for me anyway, I will never buy a SONY product ever again), they should replace all our PREMIUM XD9305 TVs that we paid a PREMIUM for with the upgraded DPS (if there is one) and not wait for customers to wait for failure and then have to wait a month for SONY to replace it....

SONY, wake up, do the right thing and DO a PRODUCT RECALL on the XD9305 and replace every DPS board, because it is 100% guaranteed that the board will fail within 3-12 months and this is not the one time, this will be EVERY 3-12 months thereafter.  THINK ABOUT IT, what good is your Extended Warranty if this TV is going to faile every 3-12 months, what are you going to do when it is out of warranty? -Throw the Tv away?

SONY need to respond to this thread, there is more than enough responses to get a SONY minion on here.

Until this happens, I will continue to protest against the shocking Quality of this TV. You all with me?

fog-presto
Explorer

Add another to the list. Came home yesterday to find my 4 month old 55XD9305 lifeless and unresponsive.  Tried all the suggested solutions (unplug for a few mins, try again, plug directly into wall rather than extension etc.) but no joy.

Back to John Lewis today to see what they can do about arranging a repair.

Sjhowells
Explorer

Purchased ours on 19.11.16 and it failed yesterday after only 4 months.

Asked John Lewis for a refund under the SoGA 6 month right to refund but told I have to get a Sony engineer out to confirm it is an inherent problem or they have the right to repair once.

Am disgusted that JL think it's 'reasonable' for a £1,600 tv to fail after such a short space of time. I thought I was buying a quality product.

When I informed the technology manager that there were many issues online she said that the product is fine as they are still selling it. They wouldn't tell me how many they had to repair but looking at this thread a number have been purchased via JL!

I wish I had taken it back after the voice search stopped working in the first week or the sound bar Roy disconnecting requiring factory resets. Or even when we aren't using the Smart TV function and just use it as a vehicle for the separate Youview box and Xbox.

Am waiting for the engineer to attend on Saturday morning to confirm it's an inherent fault.....

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Look at this reply from SONY.... they are completely denying any issues...

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

After escalating your case to a higher technical department, their reply is that there are no know issues for this
model with failing DPS board.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback and we will gladly pass your concern to the relevant department for future consideration and development.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Mohamed

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

So there you go, SONY don;t care and deny any knowledge of their being an issue with our DPS boards.... Yes we are all making this up aren't we......?

That's fine, I fully intend to write an article on this and send it to the press. SONY are an absolute disgrace

xd9305
Explorer

I had exactly same situation in Lithuania when I contacted SONY and they
told me word to word same text.
but the guy which has come to fix my XD9305 had DPS board with him already
and fix TV within 10min without taking it away. His new that the problem
will be in DPS board.
 I was lucky that service was provided by authorized sony 3rd party service company. Which looks like knows about Sony's problems more than Sony itself

profile.country.GB.title
northerner_uk
Explorer

Continuing from my earlier posts...

After almost 4 weeks waiting for a repair/replacement, yesterday a new TV arrived. The 3rd-party company said they couldn't get the 'part' so would replace the TV. When they arrived they plugged in the old TV & as advised, it didn't power up. They didn't even check the power supply & simply said 'Yup we know what the problem is'.

I'm not sure if I should be pleased or annoyed at getting a new TV instead of a repair...  fingers crossed it doesn't happen again - this one is a 2016/10 (previous 2016/04). I'll be demanding a refund in-line with UK law if this one goes... thankfully I have a 5 years guarantee (less the now 8 months, which seems unfair).