Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty exchange but just keep being told "out of stock"

profile.country.GB.title
j0nnye
Explorer

Warranty exchange but just keep being told "out of stock"

My tv which is a KD-49XF9005 developed a fault, it switched off by itself one night and no longer turns on and just shows 4 red blinking lights. Tried all solutions but  nothing fixes it.  I bought the tv at the end of 2018 so it is still in warranty from a 5 year guarantee. Contacted sony and opened a case on the 11th of august. (Case iD: 24462556). Every time I contact them for updates about this they keep mentioning a tv exchange, but can't do anything since the tv is "out of stock".

Contacted them again today and still out of stock but said they would escalate it to complaints department, but have a feeling they will just tell me the same answer "out of stock" so cant exchange.

Do I have any other options than waiting for stock? How long do I have to wait for stock exactly? Xf9005 is a 2018 tv so surely they wouldn't be continuing to manufacture them?.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey j0nnye, usually if the company can't fulfil an exchange, they refund you. Did you try proposing this option? Also, delete your case number dude, that's a public community.