Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Select app on KD-55FX90

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
IceAxeUK
New

Sony Select app on KD-55FX90

On my homes screen at the bottom there is a strip called Sony Select Featured. In there is a row of players such as All4, ITV Hub, etc. The first one in the row is the iPlayer, so it's dead easy to get to. Unfortunately my wife accidentally deleted the iPlayer from this row of players, and I'm trying to restore it so it's easily visible on the home screen. 

I can still see the iPlayer if I go to the Sony Select App itself. When it opens the iPlayer is there, but how do I get Sony Select to include the iPlayer on that featured strip on the home screen? 

Many thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
IceAxeUK
New

Thanks Davey, the UI you describe isn't the same as what I have on my TV, however the good news is that the problem resolved itself. I think the Sony Select row on my home screen (i.e. what is presented when pressing Home on the remote) is essentially the last set of players that have been launched, so after watching iPlayer (which could still be accessed with a few additional clicks) it reappeared. At least, that's what I think forced it back in.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your response - thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Are you referring to the strip of apps and inputs you see at the bottom of the screen when you press the inputs button on the remote control.

If so press the inputs button then navigate to the right hand side of the strip and click on Edit.

You should now see Inputs Edit screen.

For each app or input you want to see in the strip click on it so it has a tick above it.

The iPlayer is first in the strip, click on that to make it active.

You can also change the order of the apps and devices so you can have the ones you use the most

at start of the strip.

Press the inputs button go to one of the apps or devices press the up arrow above the OK button on your remote

you ill see Hide or Move above the app or input device thumbnail, select Move click the left or right arrows to place the app or device in the position you want, press OK to confirm the place.

profile.country.GB.title
IceAxeUK
New

Thanks Davey, the UI you describe isn't the same as what I have on my TV, however the good news is that the problem resolved itself. I think the Sony Select row on my home screen (i.e. what is presented when pressing Home on the remote) is essentially the last set of players that have been launched, so after watching iPlayer (which could still be accessed with a few additional clicks) it reappeared. At least, that's what I think forced it back in.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your response - thanks!