Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD49x8305c - Media streaming only works via WiFi

pcaplan
New

Sony KD49x8305c - Media streaming only works via WiFi

Hi All

Just got a new 2015 Bravia and love the picture.

One issue that is really bugging me however - I have a home network with several Media Servers on it. This TV can see the Media Servers (Google Video etc) when the TV is connected to the network by WiFi However when I have the Network cable plugged in for faster performance (same network) the Media Servers are no longer visible. I have checked all the usual suspects and other devices connected to the same network can pick up the Media Servers with no problems.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? or better still have a solution!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

I'm am having a similar issue but at the same time I can't use YouTube google play cast to the TV etc? Is this the same? I tried wireless though and had the same issues...I'm the 55x85c new 4k range,

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

I am having the same issue.  Works perfectly on Wifi, but if I use a ethernet cable plugged into my BT Home Hub 5 router, it cannot see my Western Digital myCloud network hard drive.

Anyone found a solution?

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

So strange, it started working. Turned tv on and WIFI wasn't connected and wouldn't connect, so plugged in network cable and since then it can my NAS with ethernet.
k11jrp
Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem. NAS is found fine using wifi but not with a cable.. Yet when cable is connected I can use internet, youtube etc, it just wont find DNLA NAS server... Ive tried switching the WiFi on and off etc.. did you get a fix for this??? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

reboot your tv and router, should be ok after that.

k11jrp
Explorer

Tried this now several times. The TV will simply not run my QNAP NAS over a wired network. Only via WiFi. Poor!! But thanks for the suggestion