Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV appears to disconnect from LAN when internet connection drops

profile.country.GB.title
Heyho74
Explorer

Sony Android TV appears to disconnect from LAN when internet connection drops

I have a kd49xh8196 which is about 18 months old.

At the moment I'm having problems with my ISP, whereby my internet connection to the house is very slow and intermittently disconnects, meaning that streaming is impossible.

I do, however have a media server with TV tuners running TVheadend.  I'm finding that despite not needing an internet connection to view my stored/recorded content, my Sony TV is continuously dropping the connection (wireless) to my server, which doesn't usually happen.  It's as if it's just ignoring the local network as soon as it loses the internet.

In the same room I can watch the same content on my phone, and in a different room I'm watching the exact same recorded TV on a firestick. 

I've been reading a lot about Sony TVs and flaky wireless chips recently, just wondering what could be causing this behaviour.

Between this, and limited function of some streaming apps (no live TV function) I'm beginning to regret buying Sony.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Your TV has an Static IP? If not, you can try...

profile.country.GB.title
Heyho74
Explorer

Good idea, I will try that tonight, thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Heyho74
Explorer

Unfortunately even when the internet was fixed, I was still experiencing regular drops, despite the wireless strength always showing as good in the network settings.

A pair of powerline adapters fixed it.

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @Heyho74, have you been facing this issue since connecting the TV to your ISP? and have you tested it with any different network source? If yes, what was the outcome?

Also make sure that your TV is up to date