Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
imant64

@mgeldard1573 (and any others) Can you confirm that having the motherboard replaced has fixed the screen format: full issue, when back on current firmware?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@imant64 wrote:

@mgeldard1573 (and any others) Can you confirm that having the motherboard replaced has fixed the screen format: full issue, when back on current firmware?

Thiis NOT a hardware issue. It is 100% a software problem as this only arised with the firmware released just before Youview. On top of that they have broken it in the USA too.....

The software team are a bunch of clueless morons.

imant64

@Risc0n I completely agree with you. My post was to get those who keep talking about main board replacements to document it doesnt fix the issue.

Like many others I have spoken to Sony until I am blue in the face trying to explain the problem and explain it only happened after the latest firmware ... but no luck.

You know what I am going to call them again now and ask for another update.

profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

I am awaiting motherboard replacement , hope it fixes it , but why replace hardware if not the problem ? unless the memory onboard or one of the chips on original boards are faulty.
profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

Sorry dont know , Went straight to my engineers as they installed it under insurance.
profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

I will post results once the board has been replaced, but if it is software then you dont replace hardware ( IT engineer 20 years) I certainly would not do that unless the hardware is deficeint in some way and the software updates have exposed this.
profile.country.GB.title
Stevea007
Explorer

Just got a email from Sony confirming that they are investigating this Sent from my iPhone
davewaite

Hi,

Just come off the phone to Sony and have been told they are working on a fix but no time scale for one is available..they have told me that the replacement of motherboards will NOT solve the problem and they confirm this to be a software issue. They have further informed me that no fix is guaranteed by Christmas folks! ..at least they now know that a lot of people are affected!..

k.broadway
Explorer

Hi

I just got off the phone and they admitted there was an issue but no feedback. They said they would escalate my case like that will help..

adyjay33

Same problem here... getting fed up with this TV now that it is soon going back if this new update on the 24th Dec does not fix it, do they employ children to do the coding on these TV's as it seems like they keep breaking things just like children do!

So disspointed in spending a grand on a TV that is not fit for purpose and is not doing as it says it would e.g. HDD recording.

Im getting 3D crosstalk and its not nice.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!