Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
profile.country.GB.title
Stevea007
Explorer

In the north of Ireland here but got no update! Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Stevea007 wrote:
In the north of Ireland here but got no update! Sent from my iPhone

Could it be because you Northern Ireland is part of the UK?

This is the link for Ireland version

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v2637-eub...

profile.country.GB.title
Stevea007
Explorer

Sorry, Donegal is in the north of Ireland. I never said Northern Ireland Sent from my iPhone
mgelder
Explorer

No it has not and was not intended to we are all awaiting the next update.
mgelder
Explorer

I have informed Sony I want to return this TV under there  insurance and Sale of goods act. They have responded and required the Make, Model, I also sent them the software version which is the latest one available. I know await there response. I like you have purchased 3D glasses and have every 3D film available. Android system is rubbish , slow and unresponsive at times. Just does not work.
mgelder
Explorer

Hi

Did you throw that spanner , I have contacted Sony UK and just got the run around from them ,  considering Trading Standards or maybe does anybody know a media link for such problems a bit of publicity works wonders I have found.

davewaite

I tried to throw that spanner but haven't heard anything whatsoever from them since they escalated the issue of this pop up. Engineers are due this week to fit a new board in to the tv but I have my doubts that this will cure the problem. I have totted up a lot of phone calls to Sony over the passed four weeks about this but will call them again tomorrow Monday..Christmas is coming now and this has gone on for long enough

..I'm very angry..

profile.country.GB.title
Stevea007
Explorer

Has anyone got any reply from Sony? Sent from my iPhone
banus01
Explorer

i have spoken twice to sony and each time they have rung me back to try some tweaking of picture settings and aspect settings but they have made no difference

i have been told that this has been escalated what ever that actually means - i am expecting a call tomorrow wednesday. I have said if they cannot fix this i want a refund or new model

i spent £400 having this sony bravia 65 inch installed on a wall and cables hidden - if i have to chenge this i will expect sony of John lEWIS to pay for any install/uninstall work

i will post any updates tomorrow

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to re-iterate - Sony are aware of this problem and can replicate it in thier testing, unfortunately they do not have an ETA of when they can roll out a fix just yet.

Cheers