Join now - be part of our community!

purple patches at the side and center of the screen

profile.country.GB.title
norrie66

purple patches at the side and center of the screen

the purple patches have appeared at the side of my KD-55X8005C tv where the hdmi/usb ports are, also on the opposite side of the screen and a small patch in the centre of the screen. been like this for about a week and seems to be getting slightly worse.had the tv for just over 2 years.is there a fix or is the tv on the road out. any help much appreciated 

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
norrie66

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Calum11
Explorer

What was the outcome for this problem as I have the same fault on my KD-49X8005C.20180930_193738.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
lomaxmj1972
Explorer

Hi this is happening with my KD55X8005C. Was there any solution to this ?My tv is only 3 years old and didn't expect this from a sony tv. Any help would be appreciated. 

profile.country.GB.title
Calum11
Explorer

Basically send it a repair shop. Wont say what fault is. Pretty poor tbh 

profile.country.GB.title
lomaxmj1972
Explorer

Hi Calum how old was your set pls. Did Sony do it for free or was there a charge as mine is 3 years old. Thanks Martin  

profile.country.GB.title
Calum11
Explorer

3 years old aswell. Didnt have extended warranty so wouldve been charged, (haven't enquired how much) and the nearest sony repair shop is miles away from me 

profile.country.GB.title
lomaxmj1972
Explorer

Just thinking do you think that it's anything to do with the latest update on the tv? The tv is watchable but really annoying. Wonder if they would fix it out of warranty. Faulty goods  a TV should last at least 5 years 

profile.country.BG.title
d10a7k56m5e92e55
Explorer

My KD-55X8005C just turned 3 years old and after the latest firmware 5.417 was applied two purple patches appeared (see email below). Do you guys find a way of resolving this?

IMG_20190318_174816.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Karlisana
Explorer

I have the exact same TV and have the same problem and the purple patches are in the same places as yours. Did anyone come back to you with a fix?

Mattbax
New

I have a 3 year old KD-49X8005C with firmware version 5.433 recently installed and now has similar purple patches, in the lower centre and top right of screen.