Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Kadlinko

Do you have link?
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

The latest update is offered, but i am afraid to start it. (kdl43w805c)

Kadlinko

Hi, i will write to Sony support if they tried it on TV. I will let u
know.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

There has been no reported issues for firmware version 3.885 similar to the ones in thead.

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/141169

If you cannot wait for the automatic update, it can be downloaded and installed via USB.  Simply enter the model number of your TV in the link below and use the downloads page associated with it.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Hi all!!

Because I have problems with the operation of the CI + module, it was recommanded me, by Sony Customer Support, to apply the update 3.885.
In email his confirm that so far there is no case where the TV was malfunctioning after installing version 3.885.

Probably, if i have time, I will apply update on this WE.

My TV is 43w808c

Kadlinko

Hi, did update on my KDL-43W756C. Everything works just fine, so dont
worry to update :slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

Thank you guys!

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Me too, i updated my 43w808c from USB. Everything is good.

profile.country.GB.title
addy1973
Explorer

Hi, since my TV updated to this latest 3.885 my TV reboots more or less every time I turn it on, or 5 seconds after I turn it on, and also I have to now keep manually connecting it to the Internet,  lastnight I went to turn it on and it was constantly flashing red, seemed to be to 2 red flashes constantly, I got it turned on, seemed fine, I then tuned it on again later and it was flashing amber, green then started flashing 6 red, it then tuned on with a press of the power button on the remote, are Sony doing this repair for free as it was fine before this update, thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

Hi,

someone tried new firmware update v5.381?