Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Tomi2004A
Explorer

Hungary here. Yesterday i took the tv to the official Sony service center for the repair.If they can't solve the problem then need to replace the motherboard.

profile.country.GB.title
arlarge24
Explorer

Just been on phone with the service centre. They are ordering me a new motherboard too.

Arlene

Sent from my iPhone
eathis
Explorer

Quick update. My TV went down last Thursday evening after the update. I called Sony on the Friday, and they called back 2 or 3 times during the day with things to try but wthout success. They said they would call back again on Friday afternoon or Monday. I didn't hear from them yesterday, but just had a call from them. We tried a factory reset once more but without success - so it is now booked in for repair. I'm awaiting a call from a sony authorised technician who is supposed do a home repair. I'll update on here if there's any further news.

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

I can still download the Marshmallow USB update from Sony for my KDL-43W755C. Is this the file known to cause the Amber / Green issues or has that since been replaced?

Gleb_off

Tarpii the same file.

do not....

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Wow, Sony showing again incomptenence and / or contempt for  their customers.

Sony please acknowledge the problem, take corrective action, and communicate to your customers.

Gleb_off

I understand that it took little time for the corporate standards...
But with each passing day strengthens the confidence that only the court will force them to answer us...

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

This is an OFFICIAL forum on the OFFICIAL SONY site. Correct?

No spokesman available to address few words about this unfortunate event?

We are still their customers... 😞

Jhinwxm

That is correct gabize.

We do have somoeone on here who is our link to Sony, they do not work for Sony but they can pass info on each way.  Their username is Quinnicus, they have already posted earlier on this thread.

I do agree that Sony should be active on this thread and keeping us all informed but I guess that is too much to ask for. Too busy releasing crappy software updates clearly!

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

I would have expected them to at the very least, pull the firmware for affected models by now.