Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65A1 TV on the screen, surface defect.

profile.country.GB.title
saab_tec
Explorer

KD-65A1 TV on the screen, surface defect.

Hi, I wanted to share with you.
there was no problem in the product packaging. only one of the 4 bottom fixers was missing.
the installation was smooth. after the installation I noticed. at light angle, on the part of the rear equipment sticking. There is a collapse in the OLED front surface. wave appearance.
service says the installer harmless.
dealer says, was the first.

What should be done!?
regards,
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @saab_tec,

that the surface shows "dimples" or "ripples"  is completly normal for this type of OLED TV.

See here: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/uneven-surface-appearance-on-kd55a1/m-p/2365383/highlight...

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
saab_tec
Explorer

Hello,
thanks for the reply, but your reply did not satisfy me. I want to discuss your opinion. I have done purchasing work for years, I know the materials very well. I would like to draw your attention. it is not a coincidence that this problem is the place where the rear equipment sticks. The gap between the OLED equipment and the panel is likely to be different on each device. During the freeze of the adhesive, it creates different waves and dimples. I think the design is wrong. sorry for a TV that has received such awards. but this may not distort image quality. but it breaks my trust and my pleasure. I also paid a price of 3.800 usd for this product. Bonding method is wrong for Sony
regards,

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@saab_tec  schrieb:

this may not distort image quality.

You say it - it doesn't affect the image shown on the TV. It also doesn't affect the livespan of the panel. The actuators for the acustic surface have to be mounted somewhere and I am quite sure they are not "glued" but welded in some way.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
saab_tec
Explorer

Thank you for your approach,
but would not it be better without this problem? after all we have Sony. I have a symmetry problem. product market, the coolest product.
regards,

profile.country.GB.title
saab_tec
Explorer

hi,

dimples that have worked with 90,000 hours, no example OLED screen. these can adversely affect the display life.
Good evening,