Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C won’t turn on

KD-55X8509C won’t turn on

The tv will not turn on. I have tried unplugging from the wall. I have tried changing the batteries. I have tried using a different wall socket. Help! 😫

Please advise of any known next steps? The TV isn’t that old - 3 years maximum. TIA.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IE.title
Lucabeer
Explorer

Same thing happened  to my 43W809C recently, but it was just the external power supply.

First thing to do, is to take a multimeter (even a cheap basic one will do), and with the external power supply disconnected from the TV (but connected to the wall plug of course!) check if it is supplying a reasonable DC voltage (between 19 and 20 V from the external metal part of the plug/pin that goes into the TV and the interior).

If the issue is simply that the external power supply is no longer supplying the correct voltage (or if it's completely dead), just buy another one. Hint: there are some universal ones that come with a wide array of replacement pins and and several selectable voltages. Just check that the power rating (W) is at least as high as that of the official supply, and you'll be fine spending MUCH less than for an original Sony replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
toau1234
New

Today I had the same symptoms. Tried restart process with you success.

Did you find any solution?