Join now - be part of our community!

HIGH 4K MODE HDMI CONNECTION ISSUES

profile.country.GB.title
Hellneo1
Explorer

HIGH 4K MODE HDMI CONNECTION ISSUES

Hi everyone,

I just made an update on my XBR-55X705D i was super happy since i have a new graphics card for my pc(sometimes i use my 4k tv as a monitor LOL), before the update i was able to use the high "enhanced format" from external inputs which specifies that is only for 4k compatible devices 60FPS HDR... i was able to use it since last night that i made the update to 7.0 this option is available but whenever i switch it ON it starts blinking over and over and sometimes it wont show display till i switch it back to standard mode....contacted the NVIDIA and they said the GPU I bought is available for HDR and all the news features that High 4k speeds requires... i have an old HDMI Cable which i dont even think its a 2.0 it's 1.4 i guess.. would that be the problem? if its the cable which one would you suggest?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

It may be one of our community members have a similar issue, but you may find the Sony Support Team are able to offer you some advice on this in the mean time.

Let me know how you get on :cool:

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
MrPillze
Explorer

A premium certified hdmi cable 2m or less is recommended for passing full 4k and hdr, i have had hit and miss with many differant cables. i had no joy with amazon basics 18gbps cables (sparklies and loss of signal) i had no joy with lindy cromo cables(no signal). the ones i have had joy with are, akasa 2m premium high speed hdmi (1.4) and the whole OMARS premium certified (search premium certified hdmi) (2.0) series of high speed cables says they were tested at 21gbps. i got them from amazon and they have been excellant. Great price too