Join now - be part of our community!

HDR- What is the difference between Sony XD7004 and XD7005

profile.country.GB.title
dylan_t_jones
Explorer

HDR- What is the difference between Sony XD7004 and XD7005

According to Sony web site (UK version) 

• XD7004-   Motionflow™ XR 100Hz(native50Hz)
  • XD7005-   Motionflow™ XR 200Hz(native50Hz)

I'm not concerened with this as I dont like the soap opera smooth motion effect.

Plus in picture mode

• XD7004- Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Cinema Home, Sports, Animation, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Custom, Game, Graphics
  • XD7005-Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Cinema Home, Sports, Animation, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Custom, Game, Graphics, HDR Video

What I'm concerned with is that I bought this TV for its HDR capabilities and price, but according to Sony web page it does not have HDR video in picture mode.  The XD70 TVs are advertised as being HDR ready.  I have downloaded the firmware but I cant tell if HDR programs in Amazon are being played in HDR. 

Can this TV play HDR content?  If not then its false advertisement by Sony and Amazon.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The XD70 range has been updated recently to include HDR capabilities.  I can only assume that the missing HDR bit on the XD7004 is human error and not been updated.

This should tell you what you need to know:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/faq-does-my-tv-have-hdr/td-p/2254437

The other difference between the two models is the stand design.  The XD7004 has a black shaft, where as the XD7005 has a silver shaft.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dylan_t_jones
Explorer

Thanks.  

I have checked some amazon HDR shows.  I can see that it now plays HDR as the HDR icon is shown when I press on the down button on the remote control while playing. But, what is the HDR video option in the picture mode that Is missing  in the xd7004 and xd7504 Tvs and is present in the xd7005 and xd7505?