Join now - be part of our community!

Google Assistant

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Google Assistant

I have 2017 55XE8505 and didn't get Google Assistant...

It says that all 2017 4K HDR models should have it...

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You probably have to update to latest FW via USB.

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

I did but still nothing...

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

US only atm, Europe, as always 'later this year'...

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

well thats lame...europe is where sony have most customers but still usa first...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

well thats lame...europe is where sony have most customers but still usa first...

Why would you say that? Just not true...

US only atm, Europe, as always 'later this year'...

Ou, right. This is the U.K. community. I visit so many communities that I sometimes forget where I actually am :wink: .

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I have downloaded it from apk mirror and installed it (sideloading via USB). It was the version for Nvidia Shield. It didn't really work well (few bugs with the voice search starting only once) and it did nothing more than what it does now. But at least the search bar was black and small in the bottom, instead of that white thing taking half the screen.

PS: I didn't understand.. Is there a new FW update available for the US Bravia with Google Assistant included?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes, see here.

I wonder whether Google Assistant will come to ATV1 as well. No word about that. I am sure though that they will bring Samba to ATV1...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, for once it shouldn't be an issue to port it to ATV1. As far as I have seen it supports Android 5+ . So, in case, Sony may want just to deliver the small updates with just Google Assistant for both ATV1 and ATV2, before delivering Android 7 to ATV1. Then sure, it depends on Sony feeling like doing it, it could be too much work, if they type too much code they may break a nail..

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Well, for once it shouldn't be an issue to port it to ATV1. As far as I have seen it supports Android 5+ .

Google actually announced Assistant for Marshmallow and Nougat, see here. Google will probably enforce it...