Join now - be part of our community!

Ethernet cable unplugged?

profile.country.GB.title
Scrooge_Mk2
New

Ethernet cable unplugged?

Ok. I'm not fully happy with the level of spying apps that my KD 43XG8396 is loaded with. (Latest 6545 firmware). That being the case, and the fact I can't get rid of this spyware, I've blocked my TV from getting access to my internet service. The TV can only see my home network but no further. I keep a number of TV programs on an a Network Attached Storage (NAS) box. The Tv can see this box and will happily play the selected program / recording from it.

But when navigating the "Apps" area to get to the menu from the NAS box, I keep seeing a message that the "Ethernet cable is unplugged". This message is factually incorrect. (I keep dismissing the message but it keeps comming back.) That the Tv can see my NAS box means that the ethernet cable MUST be plugged in! The actual problem the Tv should be moaning about, is No Internet Access. But I already know about that..... How do you stop this Tv from nagging about this?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
robmedlo
New

ha, yes I installed a raspberry pi 'pi hole' which blocks dns requests to advertising urls, when I looked at the logs i found that when I am asleep my xf90 was making thousands upon thousands of requests to different urls, fortunately i was able to block them using the pi hole, but why should i have to? this thing is a total piece of crap as far as i'm concerned, i seriously want to put my foot through it sometimes